Gas leak causes disruption on W. Thomas Canyon

WINNEMUCCA — A man digging in the yard punctured a gas line near his W. Thomas Canyon Rd. residence today (Dec. 9).  He was not injured but the puncture did disrupt the neighborhood during the lunch hour.  The Winnemucca Rural Fire Department responded and secured the area until the utility company arrived to seal the leak.

Twenty-four hours before digging call 811 so professionals can locate utility lines before the project begins.

Gas leak causes disruption on W. Thomas Canyon

WINNEMUCCA — A man digging in the yard punctured a gas line near his W. Thomas Canyon Rd. residence today (Dec. 9).  He was not injured but the puncture did disrupt the neighborhood during the lunch hour.  The Winnemucca Rural Fire Department responded and secured the area until the utility company arrived to seal the leak.

Twenty-four hours before digging call 811 so professionals can locate utility lines before the project begins.

UPDATED: Additional cases of HFMD reported at FFMS

WINNEMUCCA — The Humboldt County School District reported additional cases of hand, foot, and mouth disease (HFMD) this morning at French Ford Middle School.

According to Assistant Superintendent Dave Jensen, two more cases were reported bringing to a total three cases at the middle schol.  He added the district was increasing cleaning protocols to include disinfecting surfaces that may carry the problem each evening.

UPDATED: Additional cases of HFMD reported at FFMS

WINNEMUCCA — The Humboldt County School District reported additional cases of hand, foot, and mouth disease (HFMD) this morning at French Ford Middle School.

According to Assistant Superintendent Dave Jensen, two more cases were reported bringing to a total three cases at the middle schol.  He added the district was increasing cleaning protocols to include disinfecting surfaces that may carry the problem each evening.

WVFD releases statement on fatal structure fire

Winnemucca City Fire Department was dispatched to 7042 N. Estate Rd for the report of a structure fire on Sunday October 23, 2011 at approximately 2:30 am.   On arrival firefighters observed a single-wide mobile home fully engulfed in flames.

According to Fire Chief Alan Olsen, it took firefighters approximately fifteen minutes before they could make entry into the home.  Once inside the residence firefighters located four deceased people.